Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stop the bleeding

Well, the Yankees came out on top in the battle of the Butterfly Ballers.

Despite their short-handedness on offense, their pitching has been pretty good and starts by Andy Pettitte and Chien-Ming Wang in the first two games of this series were simply wasted. Five runs in 13 1/3 innings between them, plus four scoreless from Kyle Farnsworth, Jorge Veras and Jonathan Abalablahblahblah should have been enough.

The headline on Yankees.com states "Bombers' bombs brush away Indians' brooms." Who writes this crap? Creativity is one thing, alliteration for the sake of alliteration is, well, not creative ...

Smooth transition:

You know who I hate? Dustin Pedroia. I like David Ortiz. He seems like a nice guy. Same with Manny Ramirez. Space cadet. I bet he's fun to hang around with. Pedroia stikes me as that guy who tried WAY too hard in gym class. And celebrated WAY too much when his team won at, whatever, handball or something.

4 comments:

Hapi for Papi said...

Ok Meo, who has the inferiority complex here? The guy's like 5'7" on a good day, was rookie of the year, busts his butt on every play & has a hot wife. You tellin' me you wouldn't want him on the spankees or better yet be him for a day? As for your statement that you would like to see the whole rivalry thing disappear, why? It is the best thing in sports, by far, nothing comes close. Sure the media can overdo it sometimes but the fans eat it up. As long as it manifests itself in healthy ways (see Nashua, N.H.). By the way I was only on my 2nd six pack when I wrote my previous comment.

John Meo said...

Points for Pedroia's hot wife.

No, I wouldn't want him on the Yankees. And I certainly wouldn't want to be him. Of all the things I wanted to be when I grew up, "over-achieving, red-assed garden gnome" wasn't one of them.

"Spankees"? Really?

G, if this is you, I'm gonna be totally bummed.

Hapi for Papi said...

"Over-achieving, red-assed garden gnome", really? Well I suppose you could be a lip gloss wearin', purse slappin', playoff underachievin', whore chasin' 3rd baseman.

John Meo said...

Having a billion dollars in your bank account offsets at least two of those things. And since I don't recall "purse slapping" happening at anytime in A-Rod's career, we'll assume it offsets lip gloss and being a third baseman (that doesn't make any sense). There's no excuse for disappearing in the playoffs.

You may be referring to the heads-up play of knocking the ball free in 2004. Was a Red Sox player carrying a purse at the time?