Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chicks dig the longball ... and conclusions

I, on the other hand, do not.

I told myself I wouldn't watch the home run derby last night, for a variety of reasons. Here are a few:

Chris Berman
State Farm
The children in the outfield
The children along the baselines
The children on the other side of the outfield wall
"Ball tracker"
Chris Berman
Joe Morgan
Chris Berman
St. Louis "the baseball capital of the world" indeed
Josh "Converting the Masses" Hamilton
Brandon Inge

At least world's cutest sideline reporter Erin Andrews was on hand to ask the hard-hitting questions. She's turned marginal reporting skills and hot-girl-next-door looks into a cottage industry, Way to go Erin.


Mark Weinberger of Pennsylvania was the State Farm Call Your Shot home run contestant, with Albert Pujols trying, I assume, to hit a home run where our buddy Mark told predicted. I was a little unclear, but needless to say, Big Al didn't come through. I don't know Mark Weinberger, but jeepers, if he isn't whitest man in America ... I actually thought he was the "Jump to Conclusions" guy from "Office Space." I'm still not convinced he wasn't.

No comments: