Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's early?

Here's what I've seen of the Yankees in the past week.

Joe Girardi makes inexplicable pitching changes and allows Phil Coke to choke up a slim lead with two outs in the eighth to the hapless Royals, turning a sweep into ... well, a not sweep.

Pat Burrell hits a solo bomb of Edwar Ramirez to give the Rays a 12-2 lead in an eventual 15-5 victory.

The guys on EEI said the season was only 4 percent complete and despite how horrible the Yanks and Red Sox have been, they'll be in the hunt when it's the dust settles.

I think I've become a horrible Yankees fan. Or maybe a typical one, I'm not sure.

I'm OK with losing if it isn't embarassing. What the Yankees are now, is embarassing, clueless ... apparent ace Nick Swisher is a breathe a life into an otherwise bloated, dare I say it, corpse of a team. But watching this parade of horrible relievers and baffling moves by Joe Girardi is slowly driving me insane. I shouldn't yell at a TV. I shouldn't. It's unhealthy, to say the least. And I like my TV. And I want it to like me.

Sure, the Yanks twitch every so often, but maybe it's time to let this body die and be reborn.

Maybe it's become evident that imported players cannot succeed as home-grown players can. Or maybe the Yanks just hit on something and now that something is done. Sadly, if that's the case, it was by their own hand.

I'm looking at you Carl Pavano, Jason Giambi, Raul Mondesi, Randy Johnson ...

No comments: