Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Asleep at the wheel

So, I missed the big weekend series, but I'm pretty sure the Yanks took at least two of three. After that thrilling win against Oakland, they had good mojo. Let's just check the box scores ...

Game 1: Rivera blew a save with two-outs. Damaso Martee gives up the game winner ... oh, to a right-handed batter, I see.

Game 2: Blew a six-run lead. Jason Varitek, with his hefty .210 batting average hit a grand slam. Yanks lose, giving up 16 runs in the process.

Game 3: Scored one run. Ellsbury steals home. Lose to Justin Masterson?! Great. Just great.

In all honesty, I suffered through about 90 percent of these games ... oddly, I missed Varitek's home run. All that stuff happened in a span of about 10 minutes, it seemed. But I did catch Ellsbury's game-tying blast. And his stumbling, bumbling steal of home.

These games are harder and harder to watch. The baseball is awful and they last FOREVER.

I keep asking myself if this is how baseball is played elsewhere ... I don't watch as much of the other teams as I once did, but I can only assume it's better.

And they lost last night too, to ... oh, I don't know.

AND, despite who awfully embarassingly the new Dumpium is, ticket prices are going. What the hell is happening to this team?

No comments: