Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blogcation

My friend Matt and I decided we'd rather the Yankees just reverted to their late-80s badness, instead of this good team-horrible team they've been at for the last, oh, 5 years, maybe 7.

They just look lifeless. Robinson Cano looks lost, Derek Jeter is hobbling around and A-Rod is sinking deeper into his mental abyss. Hell, even the coaching staff is screwing up now, but a rare clutch hit tonight erased that, at least.

Even when they get good pitching, it's wasted, see last night. Of course, they're not out of the wild card, but to be honest, I never even consider the wild card, even after all these years, I need to be reminded it's out there. Even after wild card teams have time and again manhandled the Yankees.

What can I say, I'm a purest.

No comments: