Monday, July 21, 2008

Things I think about while the Yankees are winning

I don't like multi-color uniforms. The Twins have blue shirts with gray pinstripes pants. Who's designing this stuff. I get the marketing angle. More jersey variants mean it's more likely someone will buy Boof Bonser's gear. But really, it looks ridiculous. The Yankees have two uniforms. Same for the Sox. Home and away. No retro, no prostate awareness baby blue junk. The Mets and Padres have what, 30 jerseys? Even a camouflage one for the Dads. Ya need two versions. End of story.

Also, something needs to be done about check swings. When I'm agreeing with Michael Kay about "the intent to hit," there's a problem.

2 comments:

dan said...

sox also have red shirts they wear sometimes... and the hideous green st. patty's day shirts.

John Meo said...

Crap. I was giving the Sox the benefit of the doubt. All right, I take it back. The Yankees stand alone in terms of jersey tradition.