Sunday, August 1, 2010

You buy my next bag of weed

I hate that commercial.

First, I can't figure out what game system they're playing.

Second, if they're playing a racing game, looking away from the screen for even a second means you crash. There's no time for witty banter.

Third, ever see your dad play videos games? He never wins. That kid would be so high, he'd make Matthew McConaughey look like the president of the straight edge society.

Anyway, the Yanks made some nice pickups for the stretch run with Berkman and Kearns. Where those guys fit in ... that's our intrepid manager's problem.

More importantly was how Kerry Wood handled his first interview with Kim Jones. He fought stupid questions with smart answers.

Will you pick Rivera's brain? Answer: I just got here.

Do you see yourself pitching the eighth? Answer: I just got here.

Do I ask the worst questions possible? Answer: I just got here, but yes, you do.

No comments: