Friday, August 6, 2010

Rivalry renewed

I have to admit, I giggled a little (all right, a lot) after hearing Youkilis was out for the season.

But, the baseball fan in me cannot believe what a nightmare season the Red Sox have had. Give them credit for holding it together this long.

As for the Yankees, they have to sweep this series. Anything else is unacceptable, and frankly, embarrassing, considering the way they've played in the last two weeks.

Now that A-Rod is over his hump, and Tiexiera seems to be coming out of his season-long slumber, the offense will hopefully start clicking. Be nice if Berkman and Granderson made contact beyond infield popups.

A guy can dream.

1 comment:

darce said...

I laughed maniacally when I heard the news. That guy is the bane of my baseball existence. I can't even watch when the camera is on him. He is followed closely by Beckett.
However, I do tip my hat to them for hanging in there during this injury riddled season.
Now only if we could knock of Scutaro for you...