Monday, April 26, 2010

Back East

Fate conspired to keep me from my coughbelovedcough blog.

But, with fate having gone on to bigger and better things and the Yankees heading back east, I guess this is the time to establish some consistency with my coughbelovedcough blog.

Things I like so far:

Andy Pettitte: Of course, I've always been a fan. But he looks as good as he's ever looked. He's throwing all he pitches and gets outs in every conceivable way. He's the anti-Vasquez.

Curtis Granderson: His troubles against lefties are overblown. His defense is fine and he's a triple waiting to happen every time he leaves the box.

Brett Gardner: Speed never slumps. His success is making the Melky trade tolerable. Sort of. Gardner gets to first and chances are he'll be on second. It's a nice change for the base-to-base Yankees.

Francisco Cervelli: Good energy. He looks genuinely excited to be on the field.

Phil Hughes: He looks like he could throw a no-hitter every time he takes the ball.

Things I dislike:
Joe Girardi: The Yankees win in spite of him

Damaso Marte: The Yankees lose because of him. Wish Phil Coke was still here.

Joe Girardi: Walk him. No pitch to him. No walk him. No pitch to hi ... uh oh.

Joe Girardi: Still with the braces?!

No comments: