Friday, December 19, 2008

Where's my poster?

Years ago, when the Yankees were embarrassing, they tried to market what ridiculous little talent they had.

Thus, fans were given T-shirts with caricatures of Don Mattingly (with giant stache) Jesse Barfield ... memory fuzzy at this point ... let’s say Mel Hall and Dan Pasqua.

We had Steve Sax poster nights.

Roberto Kelly keychains.

Pasqual Perez convict placards.

Brien Taylor armslings.

So, with all the money the Yankees are tossing about, one expects the BIG GUNS poster shortly, featuring Chien-Ming Wang, CC Sabathia, Joba Chamberlain, AJ Burnett ... and someone else.

It’s a fifth-starter sweepstakes!

I vote for me, but I’m VERY biased. And I’m not 6’4, 260 pounds.

Still, I could have used the Tim Leary, Andy Hawkins, David LaPoint, Ed Whitson, Melido Perez poster for my wall. What great things the Mount Rushmore of Yankees pitching could have inspired in a young boy from New Jersey.

No comments: