Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Prohibitively speaking

A friend of mine says he won’t step foot in the new Yankee Stadium. This an ideological stand on his part, but let’s be honest, most of won’t step foot in the new stadium because we can’t afford it.

I’ve been trying to get tickets for this season. It’s not easy. Scheduling, travel, cost - it’s tough to coordinate, now inflate the prices and reduce the number seats - oh boy, more luxury suites! That’ll attract my dollar. Literally, my dollar.

I understand the thinking, “Best franchise, best stadium” with all it entails, but I’m disappointed, unless I’m given tickets in that roundabout way one acquires them - a friend of a friend got the tickets from a friend who works for the Pentagon kind-of-thing - I’ll be enjoying Yankees’ home games in 2009 and beyond in stunning HD only.

No comments: