Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Too much A.J. Burnett ...

Not enough Mike Mussina. Mussina wasn't horrible, but he's done. He was done two seasons ago.

It's 5-0 in the 7th but this game was over much earlier. The Yankees can come back, sure, but I think Burnett stuck a dagger in them - probably in the 3rd inning.

Of note tonight was Jose Molina gunning runners down. Not sure what Daddy Molina's got going in the old gear box, but he sure can make catchers. Jose's probably the best backup catcher in baseball and he's a great fit for the Yanks.

Derek Jeter had Bob Sheppard record his at-bat intro. Sheppard's battling an illness and some other guy - whose name escapes me and no I'm not looking him up, screw you Google - has been filling in. Jeter would think of this. And good for him. Sheppard is the voice of Yankee Stadium, and has the most distinctive voice in baseball. If I were Jeter, I wouldn't want anyone else introducing me. If I were Jeter, I wouldn't be writing this blog. I'd be wondering why I'm 0-3 and I tried to take second on a ball that went only about 20 feet beyond 1st on an overthrow.

He's got a plaque!

Jason Giambi, who hasn't hit anything yet, is having an adventurous time in the field. A 1st inning error cost the Yankees a run. Granted, Mussina dogged it covering the bag, but still. Then he and Mussina tried to re-enact that play, but somehow managed to get the out. Then Giambi went kamikaze into the first base camera box. He did save Jeter an E though.

And here come the Yankees ... 5-2 compliments of A-Rod. And bye bye Burnett. So much for daggers ...

By the way, does anyway care or need to know A-Rod may or may not have had sex with Jose Canseco's wife? Ex or otherwise? I thought not.

Besides, would you rather sleep with A-Rod, or a guy who thinks wearing that shirt is a good idea?

No comments: