Thursday, June 25, 2009

And another thing(s)

Is Jose Veras in witness protection? No, he's in Cleveland, which I guess the same thing. He was traded ... for no one. Ouch.

And that whole Mariano Rivera is going to hit! sequence last night was a little, overdone. Until he ripped a line drive into center. Sure, it was caught, but at 56, or however old he is ... you know, it just occurred to me no one has ever questioned how old Rivera is. To finish the thought, Rivera look comfortable out of the box, easily loping to first base. At least he wouldn't end his season, gasp, running.

Which ALSO reminds me. Andy Pettitte doubled against the Marlins and said, if he had to run again, it would cost him innings. Really? Running does that? I hope he was joking, but I didn't hear otherwise. A guy on the verge of making the Hall of Fame should be able to run the bases without fear of halving his start. Come on Andy, you're better than that.

No comments: