Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hungry for pitching

It's well known the Yankees are gunning for just about every pitcher on the market. This is good and bad. They finally realize that's how you win baseball games: good. But they believe some pitchers, by virtue of mediocre track records, are worth copiuos amounts of cash. I don't care, it's not mine. But a .500 pitcher, A.J. Burnett, isn't worth the dough. His health, his attitude and his performance all come into question. If the Yankees want consistency, they should look elsewhere. Derek Lowe is a good start.

As for CC Sabathia, I got this nugget a little while ago. "Yankees fax offer to Sabathia, who promptly eats it." It's saying CC is fat. Get it? He's a big guy, and he eats whatever comes into his orbit (another fat joke! I likened him to a planet! Ha ha!) I'm down for whatever insults and blasts people can throw. But "big-guy-ate-paper" is weak. Maybe going with, he ate the fax machine, or the building that housed the office where the fax machine was. Now we're onto something, and not just awkward sentence structure.

2 comments:

Hapi for Papi said...

You know who I hate? Dustin Pedroia. I like David Ortiz. He seems like a nice guy. Same with Manny Ramirez. Space cadet. I bet he's fun to hang around with. Pedroia stikes me as that guy who tried WAY too hard in gym class. And celebrated WAY too much when his team won at, whatever, handball or something.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8813226?MSNHPHMA

Warmest Regards & Hapi Holidays,
Hapi for Papi

John Meo said...

David Ortiz ate Dustin Pedroia's trophy.